Mon, 3 November 2014
This Episode's Question
What You'll Learn
- How your email address can sabotage your application.
- Why you should know what a Google search of your name looks like (and social media search) - even if you lead a squeaky clean life.
- How you can use LinkedIn to add depth to your resume and to give you keyword goodness for recruitment searches.
- Why Objectives sections are a waste of paper.
- How to make a Summary section useful for a recruiter rather than a blah, blah, blah sleep inducer.
- Provocative thoughts on why saying you're driven and self-motivated can be a turnoff to a recruiter or hiring manager.
- What do do with jargon, acronyms, and "leftover" skills that keep making it through your resume versions over the years.
Tweetable of the Episode
Resource of the Episode
Subscribe to the Career Q&A Podcast
Related Episodes to Go Deeper on The Topic
- Listen in on a discussion on networking, and how it will get you more jobs than a resume every day of the week